Care that meets you where you are
We're here for you
Foresight is a diverse community of licensed mental health professionals that offers a dynamic range of mental health care and support that flexes with your personal needs and goals.
We know it can be difficult to meet the future with confidence when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Each of us experiences life differently, so we don’t subscribe to a one-size-fits-all approach. We strive to create a culture of connection that proudly embraces, celebrates, and cares for individuals of all races, genders, ages, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, levels of education, abilities, and experiences.
We take our role as confidante, advocate, and support seriously. You deserve the kind of care that helps you feel confident about who you are and optimistic about where you’re headed. That’s why we’re here.
To improve access to high-quality mental health care.
Our Core Values
Since the earliest days of Foresight, we’ve been guided by a set of strong values. We have taken the time to articulate them and share them with our team members (Foresighters) and clients so that we are are all aware of the core values that guide our organization daily and into the future as we evolve and grow.
- CLARITY Sharing intentionally and openly ensures everyone has the clarity and information necessary to do their best work. Transparency is key to a healthy organization that fosters trust and creates a culture of connection.
- EXCELLENCE Performing at the highest level of our professional license is essential to meeting our mission. When we show up for ourselves and each other daily, bringing our best to all that we do, we inspire and contribute to individual and collective excellence.
- INCLUSIVITY We strive to create a culture that embraces individuals of all races, genders, ages, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, education levels, and abilities. A respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our collective growth and success.
- INTEGRITY We’re committed to behaving ethically and honestly in all aspects of our business, striving to lead with integrity, sound judgment, and principles that put the good of our organization and the people we serve at the forefront of all decisions.
- STEWARDSHIP Taking financial care of Foresight ensures our company will endure for the next generation of Foresighters and clients. Each of us has a responsibility to act reliably and as good stewards of our human and material resources.
- TRANSFORMATION Our intention is to positively influence and transform the ecosystem surrounding mental health care, including improving reimbursement rates, eliminating barriers to access to care, and advocating for integrated solutions for mental health needs.
Doug Hapeman and Matt Milford met in the College of Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. Enrolled in the same computer science classes, they’d hunker down in the library to study. In between working out academic problems, they’d have thoughtful conversations about how to work out problems of a larger scale and impact. Which is how they realized their shared passion for improving access to mental health care and elevating the quality of that care across the country.
And so began their journey to create Foresight Mental Health, an organization that would help address access to mental health care and make it more affordable. They sought to offer a better experience for those seeking mental health care—including building a digital platform to support care and a process to hire and support talented therapists and clinicians. They also wanted to lessen the stigma for those seeking help.
Foresighters work daily to make our founders’ dream a reality. We are truly a diverse and inspired group. We approach our work with equal parts drive and empathy, know how to ask for help and give it freely, and embrace the opportunity every day to help connect people in need with the support they deserve.